Warm up brisk autumn evenings with this bright, fragrant dish, packed with protein and fiber. Hearty but never heavy, the ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Rooibos tea infusion balances the soothing sweetness of rich, creamy coconut milk, roasted carrots and butternut squash with a hint of spice. Superfood kale adds a layer of nutritious flavor and texture for an easy weeknight supper requiring minimal active prep.
Known for its strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is renowned as a digestive healing agent as well as its exotic flavor. Our unique blend of Tulsi, Rooibos, Turmeric, and traditional Indian spices warms your digestive fire, elevating this satisfying curry to a new level of pure comfort!
Coconut Curried Chickpeas with Kale
1 medium butternut squash
3 medium carrots
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided (or cooking spray)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 onion, peeled and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ground curry powder
1 ORGANIC India Tulsi Turmeric Rooibos tea infusion bag
1 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon soy or tamari sauce
2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups chopped kale, fresh or frozen (about 5 ounces)
Chopped cilantro to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and carrots. Place into a bowl with 1 Tablespoon olive oil (or a light coating of cooking spray), salt and black pepper to taste, and toss together until the vegetables are coated in the oil and spices.
- Place the vegetables onto a foil-lined baking tray and roast for 35 minutes, or until golden.
- While the vegetables are cooking, lightly sauté the chopped onion, garlic, cumin and curry powder in the remaining teaspoon olive oil (or cooking spray) in a large skillet or saucepan until the onions are softened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Steep the ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Turmeric Rooibos tea infusion bag in 1 cup boiled water for ten minutes.
- When all the vegetables are ready, transfer to a blender — add tea, soy sauce, and coconut milk. Puree until smooth. Process in batches if needed.
- Return sauce to skillet and add chickpeas and kale. Heat until warmed through. Serve with basmati rice or quinoa. Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!