Carve out an hour on a Sunday or Monday to prep a week’s worth of healthy meals with this delicious, layered salad! Bright as summer and bursting with rich flavor like fall, this simple salad will keep you feeling energized all week.
Roasted beets, carrots, sweet potato, crisp greens, tender quinoa and crunchy almonds, all melded together with a maple balsamic vinaigrette: the contrast in tastes and textures is delightful. Stirring ORGANIC INDIA’s Mindful Lift Fermented Adaptogen Blend into the cooked quinoa adds a mildly sweet, earthy flavor while packing in the powerful health benefits of organic Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha, and Tulsi.
Adding variation while prepping ahead couldn’t be easier: swap out dressings or vegetables to suit your taste buds. The key is in the packing!
To keep those greens from getting soggy, place your dressing in first. Top it with the heaviest, most non-absorbent ingredients, and work your way up to your greens. Then kick back and enjoy the delicious rewards of a week well planned!
Layered Quinoa and Roast Vegetable Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
Makes 6 jars
For the dressing:
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 medium golden beet
- 1 medium carrot
- Cooking spray or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium
- vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons ORGANIC INDIA Mindful Lift
- 3 cups baby spinach, kale, or other salad greens, packed
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cube scrubbed, peeled beet and sweet potatoes. Cut carrot into approximately the same size chunks as the other vegetables. Spread in a single layer on a baking pan (2, if needed) lined with foil.
- Coat the vegetables with cooking spray, or toss to coat with tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until soft.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook quinoa: in a medium saucepan, combine rinsed quinoa in 1 cup broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to simmer, covered, until the water has all been absorbed, approximately 20 minutes. Stir in ORGANIC INDIA Mindful Lift. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing: place vinegar, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup into a blender. Pulse to combine, adding in olive oil in gradually with the motor running.
- Assemble: add ¼ cup of dressing to the bottom of each mason jar. Layer with sweet potato mixture (3/4 to 1 cup) followed by approximately ½ cup quinoa. Top with ½ cup packed leafy greens and a sprinkle of almonds. Seal with a lid and store in the fridge up to five days. When ready to serve, shake the jar to help distribute the dressing, then dump into a bowl and enjoy!