Celebrate apples with these delicious, wholesome morsels! Lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup, these delectable gluten-free treats owe their sweetly piquant flavor to ORGANIC INDIA Masala Chai Tea Infusion and Ceylon Cinnamon. Just crisp on the outside with a touch of moist chewiness inside, these cookies are perfect for brightening lunchboxes or delivering an energy boost trailside or on-the-go.
ORGANIC INDIA’s Certified Organic Whole Husk psyllium is a baker’s gem of versatility, offering binding properties and containing both soluble and insoluble fiber. Unlike conventional psyllium husk products grown on conventional farms, ORGANIC INDIA psyllium is 100% certified organic and Non-GMO Project Verified….meaning completely free from chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and any chemical treatments.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ORGANIC INDIA psyllium husk powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ORGANIC INDIA Ceylon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 medium chopped apple (small pieces)
- ½ cup raisins
- Heat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, oats, psyllium husk powder, baking soda, and ground spices. Break open one of the ORGANIC INDIA masala chai tea infusion bags and add contents to the bowl. Whisk together the dry ingredients to evenly distribute the psyllium husk and baking soda.
- Place the remaining tea infusion bag in ¼ cup of boiled water and allow to steep 1-2 minutes. Squeeze the tea infusion bag over the water before removing for added flavor.
- Add the tea, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla and stir to combine until a dough forms. It will be slightly sticky.
- Fold in the apples and raisins.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving approximately one inch in between each.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly browning and reaching desired crispness.
Let cool slightly before removing from pan. Enjoy!