What’s Valentine’s Day without chocolate? Good news — a little creamy, rich decadence can be healthy as well as heavenly! This silky smooth hot chocolate blends unsweetened plant-based milk infused with ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Rose Tea Infusion, strong dark chocolate, raw cacao powder, and ORGANIC INDIA Shatavari and Ashwagandha Herbal Supplements.
Besides being rich in antioxidants, dark chocolate contains a solid dose of fiber and minerals. Raw cacao powder is noted for numerous health benefits, and is purported to contain a whopping forty times the antioxidants of blueberries.
Sometimes referred to as Indian ginseng, Ashwagandha is a powerful adaptogenetic herb used for centuries as a healthy source of vitality. Nourishing Shatavari is best known for its role in supporting hormonal balance.
Steeping ORGANIC INDIA Cinnamon Rose Tea Infusion lends an uplifting layer to this delicious drink. ORGANIC INDIA’s blend of Tulsi, Cinnamon, Cardamom and Rose Petals lends delicate floral notes and soft spice, inspiring the senses while supporting the immune system. Without doubt, this hot chocolate is a perfect way to share some love.
- 1 C. unsweetened almond or other plant-based milk, such as cashew
- 1 C. coconut milk
- Four ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Cinnamon Rose Tea Infusion sachets
- ¼ C. cacao powder
- ½ Teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha Herbal Supplement (2 capsules)
- ½ Teaspoon ORGANIC INDIA Shatavari Herbal Supplement (2 capsules)
- 3-ounces quality 70 % or higher dark chocolate (about ½ Cup)
- 1-2 Tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the almond and coconut milks to reach a low simmer. Remove from heat and steep the ORGANIC INDIA Tulsi Cinnamon Rose Tea Infusion sachets for approximately ten minutes.
- Return the saucepan to stovetop and heat at medium. Whisk in cacao powder and ORGANIC INDIA Ashwagandha until combined. Allow small bubbles to appear around the edges, but do not bring to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted. Return to low heat if needed. Serve topped with whipped coconut cream, if desired.
Makes 2 servings.