With tender kale, sweet peas, turnip and leek, this light take on classic minestrone is bursting with fresh spring flavor and natural goodness. Feel free to switch up ingredients for other seasonal produce you have on hand. This soothing broth is versatile and inviting.
By adding ORGANIC INDIA Immune Lift to this satisfying soup, you give your immune system some extra support. This blend of organic fermented adaptogens, Amla and Tulsi, work together to support the immune system and the body’s natural stress response. What’s more, these quality ingredients are grown with love and great care by small family farmers throughout India using bio-regenerative agricultural practices. You will never find artificial ingredients, additives, preservatives, binders, or fillers of any kind in our products. We aim to support health: healthy people, healthy world. Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small bunch scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups vegetables stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 large leek, white and pale green parts only, tough outer layer removed, sliced into ½”-thick rounds
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into roughly 1-inch cubes
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 small bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped kale, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 Tbsp. white miso
- 2 cups cooked small pasta, such as ditalini
- Heat oil in a large pot. Cook garlic, stirring often, until garlic is softened, 1-2 minutes. Add scallions, and lemon zest and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth and water to pot and increase heat to medium-high, bringing to a simmer. Add leeks, turnip, beans, tomatoes, and kale and let simmer approximately 10 minutes.
- Add peas and asparagus and continue simmering a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir miso, Organic India Vital Lift with fermented adaptogens, and cooked paste into warm soup. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.